The Teacher’s Training School

Following the land acquisition in 1907, the school was built based on Zsigmond Herczeg’s plans on the parcel of the Wellenreiter brewery between 1908 and 1910. Being the successor of the teacher’s training school established in 1899, the institution’s double-storey building consisted of two blocks. From 1920 the teacher’s training school had Romanian as the language of instruction, between 1938-1940 it was a youth training centre, then, until 1948 it was a teacher’s training school again, and later, an officer candidate school. It has been a high school since 1961.


József Álmos

Year: 1908-1910

Adress: Str. Kós Károly Nr. 22